5.1. What is the Remote Scoring Schedule?
- Scoring schedules are NOT like training schedules. Readers are not allowed to score unsupervised.
- We match your selected scoring schedule with the appropriate scoring leadership. Therefore, you may not interchange time zones or shifts without permission.
If you need to update your schedule due to changed circumstances BEFORE you train, you must notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can attempt to assign you to different scoring leadership. This change may require new training lessons and may delay your start date. Note: Some projects cannot allow changes in schedules. If this is the case, you will be notified. We will attempt to place you in a project that fits your schedule but be advised that this may not be possible.
If you need to change your schedule due to changed circumstances AFTER you train, you must notify your scoring leadership right away so you can be assigned to a different scoring leadership group. This change may require new training lessons and may result in a delayed start date. Please continue to work within your current shift/schedule until you are notified that your new schedule has been approved. Note: Some projects cannot allow changes in schedules. If that is the case, you may not be able to continue working on the project if you cannot maintain your original scoring schedule.
Multiple shift changes and/or continually working outside your shift may result in dismissal from the project.
Shift Information Recap:
- Day shift sessions (either morning or afternoon) last 3.5 hours.
- You may combine day shift sessions for a full day, but you may not mix day and evening shifts as the leadership is not the same.
- Evening shift sessions last 4 hours.
- Each session—morning, afternoon, evening—contains one paid 15-minute break.
- If working both day sessions, Readers are required to take an unpaid 45-minute lunch break between sessions.
- If you signed up for mornings or afternoons only and later find that you can sometimes work both day sessions, you may do so, but please let your Team Leader know ahead of time.
Approved Scoring Schedules (Monday–Friday, within your chosen time zone):
- Day Shift: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon (3.5 hrs) and/or 12:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. (3.5 hrs)
- Evening Shift: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (4 hrs)