3.1. How do I submit proof of degree?
You will receive an email from our applicant tracking system MyStaffingPro (MSP) with a link to fill out required information before uploading images or scanned documents to a secure dropbox.
- Please upload using the same email address you use to create your MyStaffingPro (MSP) account. MyStaffingPro is our applicant tracking system, and it is what we use to send you instructions for this step and all other processing steps.
- You can have your college/university send official transcripts to:
Attention: Remote Applicant Management Team
423 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
Acceptable documents for the proof-of-degree requirement include:
- An original diploma
- A transcript authorized directly by your college/university or indirectly via a third party and sent directly to MI
- A third party, such as the National Student Clearing House, Verifications Inc., or Parchment Services.
- An official letter sent directly to MI by the college/university registrar’s office verifying the degree earned
- A current U.S.-issued State Teacher’s License
Additional Information for Transcripts/Proof of Degree:
- We accept official transcripts from accredited colleges and universities.
- A downloaded transcript does NOT constitute proof of degree unless it is an official college/university-issued transcript or an official student-issued transcript from the college/university.
- Valid teaching certificates (cannot be expired) are considered proof of degree.
- Diplomas must be a minimum of a Baccalaureate or higher.
- We will accept degrees submitted from the National Student Clearing House or other acceptable services.
- We will accept letters from the registrar’s office (with the applicant’s name and date the degree was awarded).
We will accept foreign degrees if they have been submitted to determine equivalency (see list of companies from which we will accept evaluations). See Section 3.2 for more